Communication concerning EU Public Policy Assistant (Internship) applications
we would like to thank you for your interest in PubAffairs Bruxelles, as well as for the time spent preparing your application.
We would also like to inform you that we are now starting the selection process. All candidates will be contacted as soon as possible in order to confirm the receipt of their CV and Cover Letter.
We will now select candidates in order to hold interviews in the coming weeks. Please do not contact us via e-mail or phone, we will inform you individually about the status of your application.
With our best regards,
The PubAffairs Bruxelles Team
NEW! EU Public Policy Assistant – Internship | Call for applications are open until the 4th of July
EU Public Policy Assistant (Internship)
PubAffairs Bruxelles is looking for a highly-motivated Public Policy Intern who is willing to gain a hands-on approach to EU Public Policy and Communications or to improve his/her knowledge and experience in this domain. The Intern will be hired as of the 1st of September for a period of 6 months. The internship may lead to an extension or a permanent position within the organisation.
The Intern will be part of a small and dynamic team and will have the chance to be involved in all operational aspects of the organisation. It is essential that applicants have excellent academic credentials, possess very good IT and communications skills, accuracy and attention for details, and are ready to work in a flexible manner. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of both the President of PubAffairs Bruxelles and of the Communications Director.
- Monitoring EU public policies of interest to PubAffairs Bruxelles;
- Producing ad hoc researches, background notes and/or presentations on relevant items debated within EU Institutions;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other PR and commercial tasks;
- Assisting in the communications activities of the organisation;
- Drafting documents and reports for internal and external use;
- Keeping track of the organisation’s agenda;
- Acting as a back-up to other colleagues;
- Event organisation, administrative, office-management work is also an important part of the job.
- Graduate or recent graduate in Law, European Studies or Political Sciences or Economics orrelated disciplines;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated interest in EU affairs, public policy and European political mainstreams;
- Excellent team-player and capable of working both independently and as a team;
- Proactive, problem solving and positive attitude;
- Native or nearly-native English language skills;
- Very good knowledge of French, German and/or Eastern European languages;
- Previous experience in European Affairs or EU Institutions;
- Work experience in communications tools, design programs and social media;
- Sense of humour and humble-but-confident attitude
What we offer:
- A six months paid internship within a well growing organisation;
- A valuable working experience in a dynamic environment;
- The possibility of gaining or expanding your knowledge and your operational expertise in the domain of EU public policy-making, as well as the chance of gaining a permanent position.
The deadline for the candidature for this position is the 4th of July 2016 at 12AM CET.
Please send your motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 2 pages) in one document in .pdf format at email@example.com