CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Junior Professional Fellowship Programme 2019
PubAffairs Bruxelles (www.pubaffairsbruxelles.eu), is a non-profit organisation whose main aim is to foster understanding, transparency and participation in the work of the European Union. PubAffairs Bruxelles aims at creating an open platform for debate, information exchange as well as the development of ideas among its members, establishing a diverse community.
The Junior Professional Programme (JPP) gives young professionals the opportunity to gain a hands-on experience in EU Affairs through a one-year programme with a mandatory review after the first six 6 months. JPP fellowships can lead to a permanent contract. The Fellows will be part of a small and dynamic team and will have the chance to be involved at the forefront of the work of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have excellent academic credentials. In addition, the fellows must possess strong writing and communications skills, accuracy and attention for details, be ready to quickly learn the tasks assigned and work in a flexible and fast-paced manner. The successful candidate will work as an “EU Public Policy Assistant” under the direct supervision of both the Communications Director and the President of PubAffairs Bruxelles.
Tasks may include:
- Taking part in communications and outreach activities;
- Producing ad hoc research, background notes and/or presentations on relevant items debated within and around EU Institutions;
- Drafting documents and reports for internal and external use;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other PR and commercial tasks.
- Monitoring EU public policies and/ or EU-related press of interest to PubAffairs;
- Producing regulatory monitoring on specific EU public policies;
- Graduate or recent graduate in Law, European Studies or related disciplines with a strong focus in European policy and politics;
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of EU affairs and public policy;
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results;
- Excellent team-player and capable of working both independently and as part of a team;
- Proactive, problem solving with a positive attitude;
- Native or nearly-native English language skills.
- Very good knowledge of French and/or German. Other languages are an asset, as well;
- Previous experience in communications work, writing, editing, proofreading;
- Very good knowledge of a/some sectorial policies is definitely an advantage;
- Previous experience in European Affairs or EU institutions;
- Previous experience in PR and commercial work;
- Sense of humour and humble-but-confident attitude.
What we offer:
- A 6 + 6 months paid fellowship within a well-growing organisation;
- A valuable working and apprenticeship experience in a dynamic environment;
- The possibility of expanding your knowledge and operational expertise in the domain of EU public policy-making, as well as the chance of gaining a permanent position.
The Candidate\s are supposed to start as soon as possible.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and you are willing to start as soon as possible, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) and in .pdf format to Ms Monica Monaco, President of PubAffairs Bruxelles at the following address: email@example.com
The e-mail should contain the following formula in the subject “Surname and Name – Junior Professional Fellowship Programme 2019 – Application ” in the subject line, as well as a brief text in the core of the mail (e.g. not your motivation letter) with your contact details including current address of residence, phone and e-mail address through which you wish to be contacted.
The call for applications is open until the 4th of February 2019 at 8.00PM GMT+1