Junior Professional Fellow (Legal Profile)
PubAffairs Bruxelles (www.pubaffairsbruxelles.eu), is a non-profit organisation whose main aim is to foster understanding, transparency and participation in the work of the European Union. PubAffairs Bruxelles is an open platform for debate, information exchange as well as the development of ideas among its members and has established a diverse community.
The fellowship aims at giving young professionals with a legal background the opportunity to gain a hands-on experience in EU public policy monitoring through a one-year fellowship with a mandatory review after the first six 6 months. The fellowship can lead to a permanent contract. The Fellow will be part of a small and dynamic team and will have the chance to be involved at the forefront of the work of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have excellent academic credentials. In addition, the fellow must possess strong writing and communications skills, accuracy and attention for details, be ready to quickly learn the tasks assigned and work in a flexible and fast-paced manner, both individually and as a team. The successful candidate will work as “EU Public Policy Assistant” under the direct supervision of the President of PubAffairs Bruxelles.
Tasks will include:
- Monitoring EU public policies and/ or EU-related press of interest to PubAffairs
- Producing regulatory monitoring on the assigned EU public policies;
- Producing ad hoc research, background notes and/or presentations on relevant items debated within and around EU Institutions;
- Drafting documents and reports for internal and external use;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other random PR tasks.
- Some administrative tasks may also be part of the job.
- Graduate or recent graduate in Law will be prioritised, however profiles with European Studies or related disciplines will also be considered, with special regard to those with previous regulatory monitoring experience;
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of EU affairs and public policy;
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results;
- Excellent team-player and capable of working both independently and as part of a team;
- Proactive, problem solving with a positive attitude;
- Native or nearly-native English language skills. Native or nearly native French is also an asset.
- Knowledge German. Other languages are an asset, as well;
- Previous experience in regulatory monitoring;
- Very good knowledge of a/some sectorial policies is definitely an advantage;
- Previous experience in European Affairs or EU institutions;
- Sense of humour and humble-but-confident attitude.
What we offer:
- A 6 + 6 months paid work experience under Belgian law (Contrat d’immersion professionel), with a mandatory renewal after the first 6 months within a well-growing organisation;
- A valuable working and/or apprenticeship experience in a dynamic environment;
- The possibility of expanding knowledge and/or operational expertise in the domain of the EU public policy-making
- The chance of gaining a permanent position at the end of the fellowship.
The Candidate\s are supposed to start as soon as possible after the deadline for applications.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and you are willing and able to start as soon as possible, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) and in .pdf format to Ms Monica Monaco, President of PubAffairs Bruxelles at the following address: email@example.com
The e-mail should contain the following formula in the subject “Surname and Name – Junior Professional Fellow (Legal Profile) | September 2019 | Application ” in the subject line, as well as a brief text in the core of the mail (e.g. not your motivation letter) with your contact details including current address of residence, phone and e-mail address through which you wish to be contacted.
The call for applications is open until the 14th of September 2019 at 12.00 PM CEST