CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The call for applications is open until the 31th October 2017 at 12.00PM GMT+1 The Intern/s is/are supposed to be available to start working from December 2017.
PubAffairs Bruxelles is a membership-based organisation created to foster understanding, transparency and participation in the work of the European Union. PubAffairs Bruxelles aims at creating an open platform for debate, information exchange as well as the development of ideas among its members, establishing a diverse community. For ore info please visit our website: www.pubaffairsbruxelles.eu
EU Public Policy Assistant
PubAffairs Bruxelles is looking for a highly-motivated Public Policy Intern who is willing to gain a hands-on approach to EU Public Policies and Communications or to improve his/her knowledge and experience in this domain. The Intern will be hired at the latest on the 20th of November for a period of 6 months. The internship may lead to a further 6 months extension and, eventually, to a permanent position.
The Intern will be part of a small and dynamic team and will have the chance to be involved in all operational aspects of the organisation. It is essential that applicants have excellent academic credentials on EU-related studies, possess very good IT and communications skills, accuracy and attention for details, and are ready to work in a flexible and fast-paced manner. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of both the President of PubAffairs Bruxelles and of the Communications Director.
- Monitoring EU public policies of interest to PubAffairs Bruxelles;
- Producing ad hoc researches, background notes and/or presentations on relevant items debated within EU Institutions;
- Drafting documents and reports for internal and external use;
- Assisting in the communications activities;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other PR and commercial tasks;
- Acting as a back-up to other colleagues;
- Logistic organisation as well as some administrative and commercial work is also an important part of the job.
- Graduate or recent graduate in Law, European Studies, Political Sciences, Economics or related disciplines;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills;
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in EU affairs, public policy and European political mainstreams;
- Excellent team-player and capable of working both independently and as a team;
- Proactive, problem solving and positive attitude;
- Native or nearly-native English language skills;
- Very good knowledge of French and/or German. Other languages are an asset, too.
- Very good knowledge of a/more sectorial policies is definitely an advantage;
- Previous experience in European Affairs or EU institutions (Blue Book trainees welcome);
- Work experience in communications tools, design programs and social media.
- Sense of humour and humble-but-confident attitude
What we offer:
- A six months paid internship within a well growing organisation;
- A valuable working experience in a dynamic and well-growing organisation;
- The possibility of gaining or expanding your knowledge and your operational expertise in the domain of EU public policy-making, as well as the chance of gaining a permanent position.
The deadline for the applications is the 31th of October 2017 at 12.00PM GMT+1.
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter (maximum 1 page) and CV (maximum 2 pages) in this order, in one document and in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail should: be addressed to Ms Monaco, contain “Surname and Name – EU Public Policy Assistant – Application” in the subject line, as well as a simple text on the core of the mail (e.g. not your motivation letter) with your contact details including current address of residence, phone and e-mail.
Please note that applications which are not complying with the following instructions will be disregarded