Junior Professional Fellowship Programme (JPF) – EU Public Policy & Communication | Summer 2021 Call
PubAffairs Bruxelles (www.pubaffairsbruxelles.eu), is a non-profit organisation whose main aim is to foster understanding, transparency and participation in the work of the European Union. PubAffairs Bruxelles is an open platform for debate, information exchange, as well as for the development of ideas among its members and followers and has an established diverse community.
The fellowship aims at giving recent graduates and young professionals with a European Studies background or equivalent the opportunity to gain a hands-on experience in communications, EU public policy and public relations through a one-year fellowship with a mandatory review after 6 months.
The fellowship may lead to a permanent contract.
The Fellow will be part of a small and dynamic team and will have the chance to be involved at the forefront of the work of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have very good academic credentials. In addition, the fellow must possess excellent writing and communications skills in English, be passionate about communication work, have accuracy and attention for details, be social media and web savvy and ready to engage with current and potential partners and sponsors. The candidate should swiftly uptake the tasks assigned and work in a flexible and fast-paced manner, both individually and as a team.
The successful candidate will work as “EU Public Policy Assistant” under the direct supervision of both the President and the Communication Director of PubAffairs Bruxelles.
Tasks will include:
- Monitoring EU-related press and public policies of interest to PubAffairs;
- Contributing to the maintenance and development of PubAffairs communications activities;
- Engage with current and potential partners and sponsors in order to maintain and expand PubAffairs activities;
- Producing ad hoc research, background notes and/or presentations on relevant subjects debated within and around EU Institutions;
- Drafting documents, reports and minutes for internal and external use;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other PR tasks;
- Some administrative tasks may also be part of the job.
- Graduate or recent graduate in European Studies or related disciplines, however profiles with purely communication backgrounds will be considered, with special regard to those with previous EU-related experience;
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and diplomatic skills;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results;
- Capable to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proactive, problem solver with a positive attitude;
- Native or nearly-native English language skills.
- Previous experience in communication and EU policy/politics work;
- Native or nearly native German and/or French will be considered as an asset.
- Very good knowledge of a/some sectorial policy/policies, with special regard to climate, energy, digital and/or agriculture definitely an advantage;
- Previous experience in managing websites (WordPress), communication campaigns and/or journalism will be considered as an asset;
- Previous experience in EU institutions is also welcome, but not indispensable.
What we offer:
- A 6 + 6 months paid work experience under Belgian law (Contrat d’immersion professionel), with a mandatory renewal after the first 6 months within a well-growing organisation;
- A valuable working and/or apprenticeship experience in a dynamic environment;
- The possibility of expanding knowledge and/or operational expertise in the domain of the EU public policy and communications;
- The chance of gaining a permanent position at the end of the fellowship.
The Candidate\s are supposed to start as soon as possible after the deadline for applications which is set on Friday, 8th of September at 12.00 PM.
Applicants must have the right live and work in the European Union.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and you are willing and able to start as soon as possible, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) and in .pdf format to the following address: email@example.com
Please write ” Surname Name | Junior Professional Fellowship – Communications | Summer 2021 Call” in the subject of the mail, and include your current address of residence and your contact details in the core of the mail.