The meeting of the European Council will take place on 26 and 27 March in the Europa building in Brussels. The press centre is located in the adjacent Justus Lipsius building.
Deadline for registration: 6 March February 2020, at 12.00
- Before starting the registration process, make sure you have:
- a recent ID-size photograph in JPEG format (.jpg)
- the number of your passport or identity card
- The scan of a letter confirming you are a bona fide journalist assigned to cover the event. Media representatives holding an EU or a Belgian official press card (delivered by the interior ministry) may upload this card instead of the letter. No other press cards are accepted.
- For media representatives of Belgian nationality or residing in Belgium: you will be asked to print, sign and upload a form to give your authorisation to be security screened by the Belgian authorities.
- Under certain conditions it is possible to organise a group registration/collection of badges for journalists working for the same media. For more info, see the info sheet. Please note that those users who do not have yet their ID/passport scanned by our security service in the system will need to come collect the badge in person.
- You may be asked to send additional documents/information to demonstrate that you fulfil the media accreditation criteria. For more information on our accreditation policy, see our terms and conditions.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email and you may access your profile at any time to check the status of your application.
Journalists holding a 1-year badge (2019) do not need to register
1-year badges can be collected, on an individual basis only, at the JL main accreditation desk on working days or at the accreditation centre of the LEX building during summits. Please ensure you have your ID/passport when collecting the badge.
Collection of badges
Accreditation badges can be collected at the LEX building (145 rue de la Loi, Brussels)
- Wednesday 25 March 9.30 – 13.00 and 14.00 – 18.00
- Thursday 26 March 8.30 – 20.00
- Friday 27 March from 08.00 to the end of the final press conference (max. 22.00)