PubAffairs Bruxelles (www.pubaffairsbruxelles.eu) is a non-profit organisation, the main aim of which is to foster understanding, transparency and participation in the work of the European Union. PubAffairs Bruxelles aims to create an open platform for debate, information exchange as well as the development of ideas among its members, establishing a diverse community.
The Erasmus+ programme gives students and recent graduates the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in EU Affairs within our organisation through a placement period of between 3 and 9 months. Trainees will be part of a small, dynamic team and will have the chance to work at the forefront of the organisation’s activities.
It is essential that applicants have excellent academic credentials and a perfect command of the English language. Potential trainees must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail; willingness to quickly learn tasks assigned and work in a flexible, fast-paced manner. The successful candidate will carry out the tasks of a “EU Public Policy Assistant” under the direct supervision of both the Communications Director and the President of PubAffairs Bruxelles.
- Student or recent graduate in European Studies, Law, Economics, International Relations or related disciplines with a strong focus on European Union policy and politics;
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of EU affairs and public policy;
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills;
- Hard-working and willing to achieve results;
- Excellent team player capable of working independently;
- Proactive nature, problem-solving ability and a positive attitude;
- Native or near-native English language skills.
Tasks (according to the candidate’s profile) may include:
- Contributing to communications and outreach activities;
- Assisting in the organisation of events and meetings, as well as in other PR and commercial tasks;
- Drafting documents and reports for internal and external use;
- Producing ad hoc research, background notes and/or presentations on relevant items debated within and around EU Institutions;
- Monitoring EU public policies and/or EU-related press of interest to PubAffairs.
What we offer:
- A training opportunity within a fast-growing organisation;
- A valuable working and professional development experience in a dynamic environment;
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and operational expertise in the domain of EU public policy-making.
How to apply:
To apply to this position, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) in .pdf format, addressed to Ms Monica Monaco, to the following address: email@example.com
The email should include the following subject line: ‘Surname Name | Erasmus+ 2019 | University name | Application’. A brief text in the body of the email (e.g. not your motivation letter) with your contact details, including a current address, phone, Skype and email address by which you wish to be contacted is also required.
Please note that applications which do not follow the above-mentioned procedure will not be considered.