EU farm policy reform as approved by MEPs©European Union, 2021, Source: EP – Multimedia Centre
On Friday, Parliament adopted its position on the future EU Farm policy and for the upcoming talks with EU ministers.
This background note provides further information on:
- the measures that farmers should take to better protect the environment,
- how to distribute EU funds more fairly,
- how to help farmers on the ground by providing targeted advice,
- who should get EU-funded direct payments,
- how much flexibility national governments will have in transferring EU money,
- how to better prepare farmers to cope with future crises,
- what rules will change regarding the wine sector,
- whether meat-related terms can be applied to plant-based products, and
- how to better control compliance with EU rules while cutting red tape.