MEPs called on the Romanian government to reverse course in the reform of the judiciary and avoid measures that would weaken the fight against corruption.
Plenary held a discussion on Wednesday with European Commission First Vice-President Frans Timmermans, the Austrian Presidency of the Council and the Romanian Prime Minister Viorica Dăncilă on the situation of rule of law in the country. MEPs will vote on a resolution on the matter during the November I plenary session.
Click on the names to watch the individual statements:
- Frans TIMMERMANS for the Commission and Juliane BOGNER-STRAUSS, for the Council
- Viorica DĂNCILĂ, Romanian Prime Minister
- Esteban GONZALEZ PONS (EPP, ES)
- Josef WEIDENHOLZER (S&D, AT)
- Monica MACOVEI (ECR, RO)
- Guy VERHOFSTADT (ALDE, BE)
- Ska KELLER (Greens/EFA, DE)
- Barbara SPINELLI (GUE/NGL, IT)
- Ignazio CORRAO (EFDD, IT)
- Nicolas BAY (ENF, FR)