Plenary session 26 March
Working conditions in Parliament for journalists in light of Coronavirus
In an effort to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Parliament is reducing the need for physical meetings on its premises, without compromising its role of democratic scrutiny as well as its ability to approve the necessary legislative measures to combat the virus and support the public, consumers, businesses and emergency services.
Those parliamentary activities still taking place (including this week’s plenary session) will be web-streamed and can be followed by the media without requiring your physical presence on EP premises.
Follow plenary on EPLive: https://webstreaming.europarl.europa.eu/ep/embed/embed.html?event=20200326-0900-plenary&language=or&autoplay=true&logo=true
Follow plenary on EbS+: https://audiovisual.ec.europa.eu/embed/index.html?lg=OR&channel=2
You are therefore advised not to come in person unless absolutely necessary. If you do, you are requested to respect the standard recommended guidelines on social distancing and hygiene. Please refrain from coming to EP premises if you present any symptoms of a respiratory infection, if you have knowingly been in contact with an infected person in the last 14 days or if you have been to regions with very high transmission rates. For updated guidance see:
- Although most Members of Parliament will be participating remotely, if you need to interview Members of Parliament, please give preference to telephone or online methods unless absolutely necessary.
- The Vox Box recording studio will be open on 25 and 26 March, but under a strict regime of prior reservation and respect for social distancing.
- The press tribune in the hemicycle will be accessible (limited capacity respecting social distancing).
- The press work room will remain closed.
- More details on the plenary agenda to follow tomorrow.
- An online pre-session briefing for journalists with the EP spokesperson will be held on Thursday morning at 9.30. More details will follow.
Thank you for your understanding.