India hosts the G20 summit this weekend, Germany is pushing the European Commission to postpone tariffs on electric vehicle sales between the UK and the EU, Apple shares are taking a beating, and Huawei has seen a resurgence despite sanctions from the United States.
- Mentioned in this podcast:
- Joe Biden pushes for bigger World Bank to combat China’s rising influence
- Germany backs EV tariff delay in boost to Sunak
- US to check on chips used in Huawei’s ‘Made in China’ smartphone
- Apple stock hit by China worries ahead of iPhone 15 launch
- The FT News Briefing is produced by Fiona Symon, Sonja Hutson, Kasia Broussalian and Marc Filippino. Additional help from Breen Turner, Monique Mulima, Monica Lopez, Peter Barber, Michael Lello, David da Silva and Gavin Kallmann. Topher Forhecz is the FT’s executive producer. The FT’s global head of audio is Cheryl Brumley. The show’s theme song is by Metaphor Music.
- Read a transcript of this episode on FT.com